Dating in piggott Best pic swapping dating sites
A 1915 ordinance created a Water Works Improvement District, and a 1919 ordinance created a Sewer Improvement District. Highway 62, which became Main Street, was the only paved street.The purpose was to make these services available to all real property owners within the corporate limits. Other streets and sidewalks were paved during the 1930s Works Progress Administration (WPA), with financial support from Paul Pfeiffer to help citizens pay their assessed share.You can research home values, browse Piggott's hottest homes, and see what Coldwell Banker's agents have to say about the local area.
Limited retail establishments surrounded the square, with plenty of vacant lots to support traveling tent shows, medicine shows, candy vendors, and parking for horses and wagons.
Originally known as Huston in honor of one of its residents, another doctor named Sam Huston, the name was changed to Piggott a year later when the nearby post office was relocated to the town.
With the shift of population toward the railroad, Boydsville, the Clay County seat for the Eastern District that was located twenty miles southwest, was no longer convenient. The town went through a major growth spurt after Paul and Mary Pfeiffer moved to Piggott from St. Pfeiffer eventually acquired 63,000 acres of land in the area, which he divided into farmsteads and rented to tenants recruited from around the country.
It was there that he wrote parts of magazine that one of the places he would rather be, other than Paris, was “Piggott, Arkansas in the fall.” Today the Pfeiffer property is owned by Arkansas State University and operates as the Hemingway-Pfeiffer Museum and Educational Center.
The museum focuses on the 1930s and serves as the northern anchor for the Crowley’s Ridge Parkway, a National Scenic Byway that traverses eight counties in eastern Arkansas.