Dating belleek baskets
The hustle and bustle of the fair, the trading, and dealing which was a regular occurrence on these streets until 1960.
It was all re-enacted as the village of Belleek went back one hundred years for the day.
Even the local pubs are selling bottles of stout at old prices.
This blue mark was based on the old second mark but due to its small size and difficulty in firing it successfully, it was decided to replace it in 1997 with a second blue mark larger and with a new representation of the Wolfhound, Round Tower and Harp.The green fifth mark was introduced in 1955 and a registry "R" replaced the old registered number "0857" It remained until 1965 when the green 6th mark was made smaller and the "R" was positioned above the harp on the stamp.In 1980 a gold coloured stamp was introduced, shortening the banner inscription to "Ireland" and removing the Celtic disc altogether.The courts ruled in 1929 that only the Irish company could use the word Belleek with a capital "B." Others are required to use belleek with a lowercase "b." ff3=4&toolid=10044&campid=5336649018&customid=belleek&lgeo=1&mpre=