Christian dating site and lancaster pa
The first rumblings of secession were heard in the 1830s, some 20 years after Bradford and Susquehanna counties had broken off, due mainly to the impracticalities, not to mention the social regression, of having to travel to Wilkes-Borough to transact official business.
When suggestions started floating about that another northern chunk of Luzerne County wanted to break off, the PTB (powers-that-be) of Wilkes-Borough became alarmed, so they developed a two-point scheme.
Fresh scalps hung from the chieftain's waist, and Winola recognized the scalp of her suitor, "whiter than the water lilies." Winola threw herself at the reflection, never to surface again.
Some town names in the greater Abington region indicate a people with a taste for finer literature.
Tillinghast ever considered using the pen name Le Castor, which is French for "beaver," or whether Mr. Tillinghast preferred to play not with the word but with something more substantial along those lines.
Located 45 miles west of Scranton, the town is named for John La Porte, born in 1798 in Asylum, the haven for French aristocracy (see above).
It took up to 43 years for widows, mostly from the area of Goshen NY, to make the hazardous 46-mile journey to the battlegrounds to retrieve the bones of their husbands. told his family he was going to take a powder, they took him at his word.
In the early 1900s, two companies combined operations to take advantage of Bradford county's extensive lumbering opportunities.
Together, the Barc Up until around 1840 or so, people called this area Blindtown, for reasons one can only imagine.
The story goes that the name slowly changed after the death of old Peggy Lark, who lived in Blindtown until she passed away at the ripe age of 106.
The name comes from a pre-Revolutionary inn that was eventually called the Leather Corner Post, or so it is said.